The key is to remember that even without family or friends around, you can still find warmth, joy, love, and connection.
1. Find a new hobby or pick up an old one again
2. Find online social communities\, blogs\, groups\, support groups\, hobby groups or sports groups
3.Treat yourself to a new coffee place, a spa, massage day, indoor golf, indoor hobby creations
such as toy trains, puzzles, 3D puzzles, online puzzles, games, board games
4. Visit or call an old friends\, visit a seniors centre. Saying hello and checking in can be very rewarding.
5. Drop off some soup or a small care package and give back
6. Ask for help\, call a friend\, visit the neighbors
7. Start a new tradition\, movies\, holiday treats\, new recipes\, favorite holiday music will make your personal time more meaningful.
8.Remember you are not alone. Participate in charitable activities and free drop in functions or sports groups
9. Volunteer. This is a way to not just feel alone\, but feel good about helping others by giving a hand and a smile.
10. Planning ahead is important. List your goals\, your wishes and reflect on past accomplishments and improvements.