Mindfulness is about embracing the beauty of mono-tasking and being aware of the present moment. In response to constant distraction, over stimulus and mounting levels of demands and stress in our society - the new science of mindfulness is emerging and proving to be one of the most powerful exercises to improve overall health and wellness.
In addition to improving General Well-Being, mindfulness and meditation are shown to have profound effects on:
- Managing your emotions
- Improving productivity and creativity
- Improving self-awareness
- Improving focus and motivation towards a task
- Improving decision making
- Promoting gratitude, kindness, and compassion towards self and others
- Allowing you to perceive different experiences in a different, more positive light
- Helping to conquer and tame your ego - that voice in your head that is obsessive, never satisfied and drives you to neglect the present moment; ultimately making you feel unhappy and miserable.
Mental and physical health benefits include:
- Reduction in pain, swelling, blood pressure and heart rate
- Reduction in inflammatory and autoimmune conditions such as arthritis and irritable bowel syndrome
- Promotes release of happy chemicals/hormones which support a good mood
- Improved sleep
- Improved digestion Mindfulness activity works by literally changing your brain and central nervous system - specifically by forming new and permanent neural connections and the structure of grain matter in brain tissue. All this can be achieved simply by training your thoughts!